Foreign independent travelers who hold foreign (non-ROC) passports, have stays in Taiwan of 3-90 days, are not members of tour groups, and are not applying for any group-related ROC travel incentives.
The event times below are based on Taiwan local time (UTC/GMT +08:00)
The lucky draw promotion will begin with flights scheduled to arrive in Taiwan on or after 12 pm (noon) on May 1, 2023. It will continue through June 30, 2025. Registration for the promotion will open at 12 pm (noon) on April 28, 2023.
How to Join
(1) Travelers may register from one to seven days before their scheduled arrival date in Taiwan. Log in to the event website and provide the requested information (such as name, nationality, passport number, flight number, dates of arrival/departure and e-mail address). Select the type of payment you would like to receive (a pre-paid e-ticket card or hotel discount vouchers). Once your registration is successful, the system will automatically send a lucky draw QR code to your registered e-mail.
(2) Registration timing example: For a flight that is scheduled to arrive in Taiwan at 23:59 on June 1st, travelers can begin registering for the lucky draw at 00:00 on May 25, and the registration window will be open until 23:59:59 on May 30.
2. Lucky Draw
On the day you arrive in Taiwan, use the QR Code obtained during event registration to participate in the lucky draw. Proceed to the event area of your airport’s arrival hall. You must complete your lucky draw within the airport arrival hall on the day you arrive in Taiwan. Taiwan’s airports include Taoyuan International Airport (Terminal 1 and Terminal 2), Taipei Songshan Airport, Taichung International Airport and Kaohsiung International Airport.
If the lottery screen shows that you have won a prize, please present your passport and relevant supporting documents (including entry stamp, boarding pass, and electronic round-trip air ticket) to the staff at the prize redemption area. You will then sign to confirm receipt and collect your prize. The type of prize you receive will be the same as you requested at the time of registration. This cannot be changed once it has been entered into the system. Prize redemption can only be completed on the day of arrival in Taiwan.
Reminder: Prizes will not be awarded to travelers who cannot provide the necessary documents for verification.
Details on prizes and their use:
The NT$5,000 prizes are provided either in the form of a pre-paid (E-ticket) card or a set of accommodation vouchers. These prizes are valid for up to 90 days after issuance.
1. Pre-paid (E-ticket) cards:
(1) These cards can be used, where accepted, by stores that provide for small-value purchases. No more than NT$1,500 can be used per visit, and the daily limit is NT$3,000.
(2) Lucky draw winners can choose either an EasyCard or an iPASS card.
(3) Use Range:
2. Accommodation vouchers:
Five vouchers worth NT$1,000 each will be issued. Vouchers can only be used at participating tourist hotels that have valid tourist hotel business licenses, or hotels/homestays that have obtained valid registration certificates. Please refer to the event website for a list of participating accommodations.
When registering for the lucky draw, the traveler is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and authenticity of the information that they supply. If a traveler is unable to participate in the event or collect a prize due to any errors, this shall be the responsibility of the traveler and not the event organizer. Any person found to be misappropriating the personal information of others or engaging in any other malfeasance shall be held liable and responsible per the applicable laws.
Independent Tour FAQs
Incentives are available to encourage domestic travel agencies and their overseas counterparts to cooperate in welcoming more foreign tour groups to Taiwan. Such tour groups must have at least four members and stay in Taiwan at least three days and two nights. Incentive levels range from NT$5,000 to NT$50,000 per tour, depending on the number of tour group members and length of stay.
Implementation guidelines (WORD)
Implementation guidelines (ODT)